Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish @ http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-authors-who.html
This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
I was super excited to do this week’s Top Ten. I forget how lucky we are in the blogging world to get to read all the new and upcoming authors and I feel so lucky to read some of these books first and to get the word out how amazing they are! So here’s my list! Excited to see everyone else’s too – post yours in the comment if you don’t blog or give me a link – excited to maybe find some new authors I’d like to check out!
So i’m trying something a little new there with the artwork thing – not totally sure it’s clear but i’ll list below too and tell you WHY they are super awesome!
1. Kasie West: I just read “The Distance Between Us” not too long ago and LOVED the book – what a perfect summer read and I thought her writing was great, excited to see new things coming from her!
2. Veronica Rossi: I loved the “Under the Never Sky” books so far and am SUPER excited to see the new book coming out next year – the ending of the second book was probably one of the best middle book endings EVER!
3. Leah Rae Miller: I read “The Summer I Became a Nerd” earlier this year and really enjoyed it. Her writing is funny and yet not corny. Hope we see something from her again too soon!
4. Emma Chase: Now this is absolutely an up and coming author! If you have’t heard me rave about “Tangled” yet — check out my review. OMG. Her writing is hilarious and down to earth and I loved the male POV throughout the story — I just could not stop laughing, but at the same time it was a great storyline and well written. You have to check her out if you have not yet!
5. J. Kenner: This is the author of the Stark series which includes “Claim Me”, “Release Me”, and “Complete Me” – and i hope a 4th book soon. These came out after the 50 shades and the Sylvia Day series but I just really liked this writing more than either of the other two to be honest – so check it out!
6. Jessica Park: WOW – that is all I can say.. She has a book coming out today actually, “Left Drowning” – a MUST read and I was lucky enough to read before hand, check out my review here and a special first chapter exerpt! She is also the author of “Flat Out Love” and “Flat Out Matt” and is maybe my favorite author right now – her writing is funny and real at the same time with characters you just want to fall in love with. Let’s just say that with all 3 books I was hooked in the first few pages!
7. Alice Clayton: She wrote “Wallbanger” and I really enjoyed this. It’s a new series I think – so we should see more here and I am looking forward to it, I liked that here you saw the male POV and the female POV at the same time.
8. Jamie McGuire: “Beautiful Disaster” and “Walking Disaster” are books I could read over and over, and have done so. Her new books are due out this fall and I absolutely cannot wait! I know she probably gets more publicity than some of the others on here, but I still think she deserves more – her writing and characters are amazing!
9. Jennifer Probst: Now this author isn’t brand new, but i still don’t think she gets all the raving she deserves. I’m reading her “Millionaire” series which the newest book “Marriage Merger” is out in August – when I read her first book I was listening on audio and I was in my mall parking lot – cannot forget this – I was laughing so hard in the car alone, I was getting strange looks. these books are romantic and hot and fun – with great characters (which will get me eveyrtime!). I also enjoy seeing the male and female POV here concurrently as the story goes on.
10. Suzanne Young: If you have not read “The Program” yet, then you may live under a rock, get out and read it NOW! I was honestly not sure about this book, it’s probably one of the first more well known titles i got an ARC for – and I could not put it down, and cannot wait for book 2. There is a teaser first chapter up now and it only shows how absolutely amazing this is going to be – check it out!
I have a few other authors I want to mention – outside of my top ten who are just as amazing I couldn’t let it go without them being included:
1. Maya Banks – She has the Rush series and I highly reccommend it
2. Jay Crownover – I’m just discovering the Market Men series with hot bad boys, and reading “Rule” right now – again liking the male and female POV but enjoying the writing too – the characters are flawed and real and great.. It’s TBD how I will like the book, but from the start I think I’d check a second book out for sure!
3. Katie Kacvinsky – She wrote “Awaken” and “Middle Ground” in the middle of this huge dystropian age we have going on and I loved her stories more than most of the others that made huge waves, so I’m trying to get her name out there – she took something everyone else was doing and made it different – she also writes contemporary romances – one of them being “Second Chance” so I would absolutely reccommend checking her out!
Well that’s all kids – for today anyway! Don’t forget that Jessica Park’s new book “Left Drowning” comes out today – check out the first chapter preview and book review on my blog and get this today – a great read!!