Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish – http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday if featuring the Top Ten Favorite Covers of Books You’ve Read —
This was actually a fairly hard one b/c I read most books via Kindle or listen on Audible – so I don’t look at the covers a lot. I do see them, however on Goodreads or via Amazon — So here we go:
1. Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry — Why? I love the scene on the front – it reminds me of highschool and kissing in between classes..
2. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer — The Chess Piece at the cover of this really makes me think of the book and how all the pieces fit together in this last book. of course it’s one of my top ten all time favorite series – so maybe a little prejudice – but still love it – one of my favorite scenes from Breaking Dawn Part 1 is Edward and Bella playing chess. So sweet!
3. Flat Out Love by Jessica Park — Other than the fact I absolutely LOVE this book – I really liked the cover. I was looking around on amazon one day and I saw the cover and that is what initially drew me to the book – so to me that’s a great cover! If you’ve read the book you will know why I love the hinges too!
4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman– I like this cover b/c of the girl on the front – her facial expression just feels right. And it’s dark which is aligned with the darkness in the book.
5. If You Stay by Courtney Cole — The book is another one I saw while just searching through Amazon and the cover sold it. It also gave me something to think of when thinking of the characters..
6. The Program by Suzanne Young — This cover I really liked from the moment I saw it. The two people standing in yellow suits with the medical white blinding background in front of them – it felt cold and uncaring – and that was the tone of the “program” – it set the feeling of the book very well.
7. The Selection by Kiera Cass — I loved the dress America was wearing in this cover. It was so beautiful. It really stuck out to me when I first saw it. I love all the views in the mirror too – the dress looked full and fluffy and very beautiful.
8. Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire — I really, really thought this book cover was perfect for the story because it was from Travis’s point of view and it showed his hunky arm with a beautiful tattoo – of a butterfly which is something in nature that can be reborn from a caterpillar to the butterfly. Great symbolism.
9. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire — The butterfly trapped in this jar caught my eye – another book I bought for the simple fact I loved the cover when I had yet to hear really anything about the book.
10. Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren — I didn’t see this cover until after I read the book – and when I saw it – it fit the book perfectly. I loved the 2 sided nature of the person, just like the guy in the book. It is simple and great.
Hope you enjoyed the list! Happy Tuesday everyone!