Tahleen’s Top Ten Things to Read When You Need Something Light and Fun!
As always this is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish – http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/2013/05/tahleens-top-ten-things-to-read-when.html
So I’m super excited about my first Top Ten Tuesday – and a great topic to start with summer comingn so soon – i’ll post my top ten below, but I’d love to hear yours too!
1. Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – all I have to say for this is “swoon”, this book is full of teenage hot romance, but an easy fun read all the same. It’s the first book I read by Stephanie Perkins, and I know it won’t be the last.
2. True by Erin McCarthy – I just finished this book and while there were some serious subjects, overall I thought it was an easy read and I enjoyed the characters and story – great book to read out by the beach or relaxing by the lake. Even better, there is a sequel coming out so you can visit the characters again before too long!
3. Flat Out Love by Jessica Parks – have to list Flat Out Matt into this section too as they are pieces of each other. If you have not yet read my undying love for this story, check out my full review, if you are looking for a great story and romance with characters you will absoluely love plus great humor – get it today! This is one of those I could not put down and was sad to see end..
4. The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith – now this book is not one of my all time favorites, but it was a quick/light read with good flow and I did enjoy the story. It’s really something I could truly see myself leasurely reading by the ocean or on vacation without any rush.. While it wasn’t my favorite, it was good enough that I will check out the next book she has coming out and I’m thinking I will really like that base don the intro though. However, back to the meat of this, for today’s purpose, this book fits the list perfectly.
5. Between The Lines by Tammara Webber (actually entire series is great – Between The Lines) – now this book was really great. Its a series of 3 books, so you get to see the characters more than one time. it was light and funny and just an easy relaxing read. Great for beach, or cuddle day in the rain reading..
6. The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst (part of series) – now this book starts to steam things up a bit, this book is more Adult vs YA. But with that said, I loved the entire series, especially this first book. I have never laughed so hard at any character in my life.. There is one scene in partidular where I listenting to the book driving and i had to pull over my car to make sure i could quit laughting and drive, nothing like that right? The characters are great, the story is interesting, but not too heavy, and it reads easily. I would reccommend any in this series.
7. Summer Days by Susan Mallery- Perfect, sweet, romance in an idyllic setting. I’m a huge fan of Mallery and have read almost every book as part of the Fool’s Gold series so all the characters and town poeple are so familiar so to me this is like coming home in i a literary sense.. It’s light and fun and great, try it out.
8. Summer Nights by Susan Mallery – this is the other part of the summer series in Fool’s Gold and I loved it just as much. Just light and fun romance..sometimes it’s the simple things that give your brain a break from all that serious stuff you read most of the time —
9. The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts – now this is part of the Inn Boonsboro series, and I love the entire series, but this was my favorite. All 3 of these books are full of humor, love, romance, friendship, and are light spirited and read easily. I actually read one of these on my vacation last year and it was perfect. So give it a try.
10. First Comes love by Katie Kacvinsky – I checked this story out because i read another of her stories and that was a bit deeper, but this and the second book in that series are light and fun and make great summer reads.
I could list so many more, but i’ll stop myself here.. I hope I had some good ones for you guys- what did you think?? What are your top ten, did I miss anything that shouldn’ve been included without a doubt – let’s talk about it!
Thank you for reading my first ever Top Ten Tuesday – I hope this continues from here on every week.
- Book News: Three Sisters by Susan Mallery Moves Up Bestsellers Lists (prweb.com)
- Romance Author Susan Mallery Kicks Off Summer with E-Book Exclusive (prweb.com)
- Twelve Susan Mallery Novels Are Bestselling E-books of 2012 (prweb.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday: When You Need Something Light and Fun (boxesofpaper.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday #11 – Top Ten Books when I want Light and Fun (unconventionalbookviews.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday – Light and Fun (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday (aussiebookworm.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday: When You Need Something Light & Fun (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday: Fluffy Reads (sarahsaysread.com)
- Top Ten Tuesday – Books I wish I liked more (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)